Saturday, January 17, 2009

Winter Germs

I have taken a hiatus from blogging for a few days, because I have been dealing with a lot of sicknesses going on around here. Wednesday night both Madison and Noah kept waking up all night with colds. To make matters worse, Mike was also up with a queasy stomach that turned into stomach flu. On Thursday, the kid's daycare was closed due to extreme cold. Their daycare also has a day school. If the schools close for the day, so does the daycare. I think the closing was a blessing in a disguise because it gave the kids as well as Mike a chance to recover. Madison has almost completely recovered, but unfortunately, Noah has kept getting worse. He didn't sleep well Thursday night either, and he spent the entire day on Friday in my arms. Last night, he could not sleep laying down, so Mike and I took turns sleeping with him in the recliner. He started a fever last night, so we knew it was time to take him to the doctor. We found out this morning that he has an ear infection. He also has such bad chest congestion that his breathing is right on the border of needing oxygen. We tried a nebulizer treatment at the doctor's office this morning, but it did not help. Since getting him on amoxicillin, he has actually played a little bit today. However, his breathing is still fast. It makes me a nervous wreck, and I am sure I won't sleep well tonight because I will be listening to his breathing. I think things can only get better now that he is on amoxicillin.

0 comments: