Sunday, January 4, 2009

Potty Training... and the rest of the weekend

On Friday, Madison asked me to wear underwear. I was so excited she wanted to wear them, because if you have asked me recently, you will know that potty training is a very frustrating subject for Mike and I. Madison has been using the potty for a long time, yet she does not tell us when she has to go. The only time she goes is when we put her on the toilet, so basically, Mike and I are trained to put Madison on the potty every few hours. Unfortunately, my excitement faded as Madison kept wetting her pants if I didn't put her on the toilet. It made me realized that maybe she doesn't understand when she has to go yet, because she would tell me she had to go after she already went. She was very excited to wear underwear all weekend, so hopefully soon she will understand when she has to go and start telling us.

As for the rest of the weekend, we had a wonderful time tree hopping with our immediate family, grandma, and aunt on Saturday. However, tree hopping was the official end to the holidays. I started putting gifts away last night, and today the tree and decorations came down. Madison enjoys holidays just as much as I do, so we are already getting excited for Valentine's Day. We picked up two pairs of socks for her to wear, and we will soon start making hearts during our art time.

0 comments: