Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter

I wasn't so sure if I wanted to write about Easter, because it was a rough day for us. (Madison woke up in the middle of the night with croup.) However, I really enjoyed reading about my friend's Easter, so I decided I can highlight the good parts of the day. This was an exciting Easter, because it was the first time that Madison understood that the Easter bunny hid her basket and she had to look for it. We started out the morning very early at 5:15, but Madison was very excited to search for baskets. We let her find all four of our baskets.


After all the baskets were found, we had a traditional Easter morning breakfast of died hardboiled eggs. As we were getting ready to leave the house for church, Madison begged us to take a nap. This is very unlike her, since she loves going to church. We knew she didn't sleep well because of the coughing and wheezing, so we decided to stay home and let her sleep. She felt much better after more sleep, and we headed out to do our Easter visiting. Our first stop was my Grandma Van Handel'S to drop off a tulip plant. Then we headed over to my parent's house, so the kids could get their Easter baskets. Then we headed over to the extended family party at my Aunt and Uncle's house. There was an Easter Egg hunt, and all the pink eggs were for Madison only. After the Easter Egg hunt, Madison was worn out again, so we ate dinner and headed for home.

0 comments: